Postnatal Aromatherapy Care
- To help your perineum heal, add a 2% dilution of lavender to jojoba oil, and gently
massage in daily. You can also add 2 or 3 drops of lavender to your bath to speed
up the healing process, while helping you to relax.
- Aromatherapy treatments can help breastfeeding. Drinking fennel tea can help increase
your milk flow, while a hot compress using 2 drops of geranium will help relieve
the pressure of engorged breasts. A chilled cabbage leaf will also help relieve
- Cracked nipples can be improved by massaging with calendula several times a day.
- After the hormonal ups and downs of your pregnancy, you may find that your skin
and hair suffer. Essential oils can help both recover, whether incorporated into
lotions and shampoos, or in a facial and scalp massage. Neroli and lavender are
particularly effective for the skin, while rosemary and chamomile are excellent
for hair care.
- Regular aromatherapy massage can help revitalise you after long nights of broken
sleep, and are an excellent opportunity to take time out for yourself.
- If you find that you simply aren't able to cope, aromatherapy can help during recovery
from postnatal depression. Remember that this is a slow process, and not to expect
- Talk to your aromatherapist to establish the best treatment plan for your needs.
©2007-2012 Elements Natural Therapy. Site designed by